The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Midwest Masters was Wonderful!

As usual.

I took two days of classes with Joan Schrouder, if you get a chance to take a class with her do it. She is knowledgeable, funny, and fun. She is also a slavedriver. The first day we made a sweater. A whole sweater, (well except for the 2nd sleeve).

Then the 2nd day, after we were tired from the banquet, and the fashion show, and the visiting, and the shopping, and the classes, from the day before she made us make 2 shawls, well we did not have to finish the edging on the 2nd one.
But 2 shawls!
Really, I mean David Miles gave us a whole weekend to make the pants and we used the knitting machines.
A Slavedriver I tell you!
Much was learned. I love the collar of the sweater, you leave 2 stitches when you start the decreases of the top and start with the 2 stitches and pick up more stitches as you work back and forth, then do the other side then knit across the back and add one of the side fronts every row it makes a fold line that reminds me of the way a tailored jacket is made. Very neat. And the process of designing a faroese shawl was made very clear. I can't wait to put it to use, I just have to finish these other 7,531,958 other projects first.

BTW (I am just kidding about Joans being a slavedriver, you don't need to yell at me.)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home