The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Monday, October 30, 2006

October is Almost Gone


And where are in your holiday knitting?
I have 2.8 gifts finished of 5 grandchildren, almost 1/3 of 1 of 5 children, (but he is the only one getting a knitted gift this year, but 1 daughter is getting new scrubs made) So I am not doing too badly.

Caleb's Christmas Sweater has it's back finished, I picked out 4 colors of Cotton Fleece and kinda wish I had a bright red, Christmas red as well, so I may have to go on-line as see what I can find.

If I can find some red, I can make the sleeves different colors, which I would like to do.

Just called Webs and ordered the red, so I can do what I want and cast on a different color for one of the sleeves. Probably the orange.

Then there are the socks for my Uncle's birthday the 19th of November. They have been started. And other than getting the lining made for Sierrra's backpack, and the grommets put in (for the 9th of Nov) The socks are the next to be finished.


If I would stop working on Trip Trap, and Beadwork, I would get gift knitting finished and then I would be able to knit guilt free, but I have made 2 sweaters that fit me and I want 6 or 7 more, it's like crack, I think I am addicted.

It seems that every time I sit down one or the other of TripTrap or Beadwork jumps into my lap and pushes all the 'need to get done' stuff out onto the floor, it is as bad as having cats. (except that they don't catch mice)

Every thing is getting some advancement but it is all going very slowly because I am not sitting down and working on anything consistently. And I need to get the rovings that I dyed out and look at it to see if I just need to spin it or if I need to re- dye any of it.

I wish I knew why it is so hard to get back to something, once I stop for any reason, but especially if I stopped because there was a problem, it seems I start worrying and imagine all sorts of problems, instead of just getting it out and looking at it and deciding if 1. There is actually a problem, and 2. How to fix it if there is, or 2a. Just get on with the project if there actually is not.

Now all my real life friends can say, "Gee, I never thought you had any doubts about anything you do." Well now you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home