The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Tooth and Sweater Frustrations

This has been a really strange week. On Monday I went back to the dentist to get some more of the root canal done. This time I really felt the pain, so have spent the week in front of the TV watching videos and knitting a lot of stocking stitch. I had sewed in the zipper in Dwaynes Birthday Sweater, and I received the books for his Christmas present. Sierra's backpack is almost finished for her Birthday, and the books are here for her Christmas present. Rayne's Christmas sweater is now finished. And her birthday is in June so I am good there. I need to get the Patterns for Mark and Caleb done and get those sweaters finished.



While taking the pain meds I worked on Trip Trap and got this much of the right front done, until today when I really spread it out against the back and realized that the changes I made in the pattern require me to start with the other color on the top. So this will be ripped out eventually but for right now it is in time out, and I will start the right side again and keep checking it against this on to be sure I get the colors right.
The problem with this sweater is that it looks so simple, just garter stitch, and one double decrease every other row, how hard can that be?

Well if you let you mind wonder it seem that it can get really messed up, really fast!

So after getting thoroughly fed up with Trip Trap. I picked up Beadwork again, and have finished 22 rows and this time it looks like it is going to be OK, and the pattern is getting logical so I may be able to continue with this, we will see.

I ripped it out because I did not like the stitch definition that I was getting, so I went down 2 needle sizes and it is looking much better now.


Off to bed, we are going to Berea tomorrow to see the son in a play.


1 Comments:

  • At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Teeth are a bugger aren't they? I go in the 24th. Yuck.

    I love the color of your Beadwork.

    I feel sorry for the teeth thing. I hate the dentist!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home