The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I am both bored and boring



I am dutifully knitting the first sleeve of Beadwork it is endless diamonds, boring, I am not working on Trip Trap, because it is almost to the sleeves and I don't know if I can deal with 2 sweaters at sleeves, at the same time. One after the other is one thing, but 2 at the same time? Don't know. Besides the Beadwork on tiny needles, just doesn't get anywhere fast enough.

I have been contemplating the next sweater. There are several candidates:

The Jester from Philosophers Wool, I have the kit, (Yes, me, Ms I don't do no freaking kits) which comes with everything except the needles, even the buttons. and it is a Cuff to cuff (which I will probably knit as a cuff to center, cuff to center, 3 -needle bind off on the outside, after a row or 3 of reverse stocking stitch. Pro: knit in worsted so a 5 or 6 needle which will knit much faster than either Beadwork or Trip Trap. Con: Sweater for *me* so a longer project than a kid project. Pro: It's for *me*!

The Trillium or Pansy from Philosophers Wool, more traditional stranded knitting, which I need to swatch so I can decide if I want pansies or trilliums (one is right side up the other upside down) Basically the same pros and cons as Jester.



The Flower sweater for the youngest granddaughter, which is in time out because the pattern as given in the book only has the flowers up the fronts, while the picture clearly shows the flowers going around the bottom, (OK, I just took a better look and what looks like the sweater having the flowers around the bottom is actually the top of the purse, but I want the flowers around the bottom so I will go do the math myself, and be less grumpy about it. Still grumpy about Sweater Wizard though) so I have to tear out the 2-3 rows of the beginning, and re-do the math and figure the spacing. None of this is difficult, just need to do it. and I am ticked off with sweater wizard which will not do a 7 stitch repeat, (wants an even number)
I should check and see if there is an errata sheet for this book. Just checked the publisher who doesn't seem to have errata listed for any of their publications, not a good sign.
Just tried the designer and the pattern name, no errata. I sent an email to the publisher will see if I get an answer.

The Lizard sweater for middle grandson, the back and sleeves are just stripes and I could do them for a rest, 10 rows of this 2 rows of that, 10 rows of this again. Then the lizard on the plastic bed machine. It has the benefit of being fast and small and I would feel like I had accomplished something.



then there is the Enchanted Forest Sweater that has the sleeves done! No sleeves! Just the very interesting cable patterning.

In the mean time I have been finishing socks.

The Jaywalker's for the granddaughter,




the red Trekking XXL,


the Regia Bamboo are all finished.



One of the Regia silk is finished and the other is being worked on.




So now I am going to put in a DVD and sit and knit, either on Beadwork or on a sock, or Trip Trap, or the flower sweater. But something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home