The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

5 day weekends? It could happen

I have figured it out, give me a 5 day weekend and I just might be ready to go to work. There may be some logistical problems here but I'll worry about that later.

So what did I do this weekend? Finished the I Love Ganseys from the Six Sox knitalong. They had to be worked with the chart in front of me every row, so no good for classroom knitting, therefore they had to go.
I did work on Beadwork, got 2 whole rows done the entire time. It is just too hot to have on my lap.

Started the Christmas sweater for Caleb. Worked on getting the intarsia done on the Lizard Sweater for Mark, and found that I need to rip it back for the 2nd time. Once I get the pattern started it will be fine, but for some reason I seem to have trouble counting. This time I will work from center like I should have been doing all along. This is not classroom work either, but once the lizard is finished, I can do the rest at school.

I am thinking about getting some of the sew on googley eyes from Hobby Lobby for the Lizard and the dog sweaters, I think that would be fun.

So what did I spend my time on? I divided and wound up 4 pair of socks worth of balls of yarn for Sierra's birthday socks, and 3 pair for Carl (at least that is the plan, his reaction to the first pair will determine if he gets any more).

That did not take all weekend you say? Well you are right, This is what took the most time:


I took everything out of the closet, piled it on the couch. And then sorted, washed what needed washing, (so wrinkled that it was easier to wash),
ironed what needed ironing, put outfits together, found the shell that I have been hunting, (in the floor where it had fallen) and put everything back into the closet.

I still have to hem 2 skirts and a jumper but I have to have someone pin them first.

So since this is the 5th day if I get the lizard straightened out I will be ready to go to work tomorrow, if anyone calls. (I need to figure out how to do a sick dance, not real sick, just so people want to stay home, it's been 3 weeks, the rug rats should be sharing germs by now)
I'm awful! I am getting off of here now before you learn just how awful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home