The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Labor Day Weekend

Caution this is not an uplifting post you have been warned!

I took my Mom to town yesterday, and learned several things. 1) she is getting to be a really bad driver, (accelerating up a hill that cannot be seen over, in the center of the road) she has for some time made me uncomfortable by either constant accelerating or breaking, no coasting, and abrupt transitions. But her driving is getting worse, and I know for sure that telling her that she shouldn't drive will cause an uproar, so I just need to be as available to drive as I possibly can be. (BTW, Mom doesn't read this, and I don't think anyone else in my family does either, but if you do tell me. And don't tell her!)

2) My knitting in public is having results, one of the waiters, (not waiting on us) saw me working on these: ( Six Sox Knitalong I Love Gansys)
And was absolutely fascinated, came over and watched for a while, then had to go take care of his customers, came back and we had gotten our lunch, and was disappointed that I had put them away. I told him about the sign up sheet for knitting lessons, and he said he would go after work. Nice young man.

3) I don't like shopping for clothes, I see things for other people but I don't see anything I like for me.

4) The colors that were prevalent are colors that I don't like and that do not look good on me.

4) My library card has expired. (I actually did not learn this until I got home and went online to reserve a book)

5) I really hate it when a ball game is shown on TV on the only channel that I wanted to watch all week.

Reading this over I realize that I am somewhat grumpy this morning. I need to start getting out clothes and arranging them for the change over from summer to winter clothes, which seems like a silly thing to be doing because it is still in the high 80's and will be for a while, so I can't put the summer clothes away, and there is not room to have both in the closet down here, so what to do? I guess I could get out 6 outfits of fall clothes, and 6 outfits of summer clothes and take everything else out of the closet down here. Then about Thanksgiving move the summer stuff out, and bring extra fall, and some winter stuff. Then at Christmas move the Fall stuff out and make it all winter, until March. Or so.

Mom has decided that I am going to go to Hawaii with her (in January) because she cannot go alone, and needs someone to help. When we were in Virginia she went and got a bunch of new clothes, because she wants to get new clothes every year and any excuse will do, and I guess going to Hawaii is better than most.

And now she wants me to get new clothes also and I don't want to. I have more clothes than will fit in the closet, and there is nothing I can think of that I might need. Or want. Except maybe bras, which she will not find exciting to shop for, since it involves sitting down at the computer, clicking maybe 5 buttons and typing in a credit card number.

I need to get some work done on Beadwork, really work on the intarsia lizard for Mark's sweater and cast on Caleb's so I have some mindless knitting, I have the (probably silly) idea that if I get classroom knitting ready that the schools will start calling me to come work. But not until after Tuesday because the school systems have the last/first rule for holiday pay, (one must work the last day before and the first day after in order to get paid for the holiday), so they don't need subs until Wednesday.

So here I sit the 2ND day of what for me is essentially a 5 day weekend and I can't figure out what to do first, and where to go after. Typical!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home