The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Almost A Sweater

Look you can see that Beadwork is actually going to be a sweater! I have enough length that the shape is getting to the proportions that make it recognizable as a sweater. I need to do one more repeat of the C chart, 32 rows, and then the 10 rows of the diamond, and I think 4 rows of garter.

Then there will be the neckline, and since I don't like the depth of the neckline, I think I shall pick up and knit the 10 rows of diamond, and then cast on 10 stitches and do the small cable around the neck. At least that is the plan at the moment, all subject to change at a moments
notice.

I think that I am really going to enjoy wearing this sweater, the Knitpicks Merino DK has knit up wonderfully and has done no pilling at all during the knitting process.

It is still not a speedy process because it does take a lot of concentration, so 4 rows average per day, sometimes 6 if I am feeling wide awake but more than that and I have to do a fair amount of fixing on the first row the next day, so pushing is not really worth it, since it increases mistakes.

So what is next? Well there is a worsted/bulky project the Cuff to Cuff that I am doing Cuff to Middle, Cuff to middle, Join. That I started last winter and got both sleeves finished so I need to cast on the front and back and knit to the Middle. Since this is such fat yarn, it should go really quickly.

The other sweater is the Trip Trap that needs 2 more stripes on the right front and the sleeves. garter stitch so fast because mindless.

I am looking forward to the mindless knitting, Beadword has been fun, but it follows Am Kamin and The FLAKs and mindless is looking pretty good at this time.

June said…

Looks wonderful! It looks like you did this from the top down, might I ask did you follow the Flak directions (well, you know what I mean don't you?) to do this?

Thanks very much.
Yes I know what you mean and yes I did. Cast on the small cable knit 4 inches, pick up knit down the back and front to bottom of armholes, knit sleeves, back to body and knit down.
thanks for asking.

And thanks for the comments to you as well Junie.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah! You are coming to the end. It is getting closer and closer. I can remember when I started seeing light at the end of the tunnel. Wow, what a great feeling.

    Congrats. I will be tickled to see your sweater up on the front page of the KAL.
    It is a beautuful color. I bought some KP Merino Swish for a lt yellow pullover. It does knit up well.

     
  • At 12:34 PM, Blogger June said…

    Looks wonderful! It looks like you did this from the top down, might I ask did you follow the Flak directions (well, you know what I mean don't you?) to do this?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home