The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Beadwork Is Finished!

Beadwork was started in October 2006. Designed by Jade Starmore, published in A Collectors Item, as a childs sweater. Using the charts in the book I adapted for me. Used Knitpicks Merino DK, in tidepool. Used size 1 American needles. 3 broken needles in the process.

I worked Beadwork top down, FLAK style. in the round, but not steeked. Since the twisted crosses are the same as worked on Am Kamin.

This sweater is bulletproof, and will join the FLAK from last year(June 26) as the winter coat, since I hate coats and tend to use a sweater for that purpose.

If I were to do this again I would add more cables to the sleeves since that is the place that I bogged down, more than any other.

Once I got past the sleeves the rows of body took 1 hour for every 2 rows, and after 4 rows I would lose focus so 6 rows a day were the most I accomplished.

I am glad that I have finished it was a long job, and I am just as glad to have it over. It took longer than Am Kamin (Sept. 13), because I hated knitting the sleeves, and the rows took longer, (Am Kamin was worked in pieces) so I
felt that I was not accomplishing anything.

Any way it is done and I have grand children's sweaters, Trip Trap, and The Cuff to Cuff based
loosely on Sue Essers pattern to finish so that will take care of the rest of the year, surely.

Now to look for knitting for the new year.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Anita! Your Beadwork is lovely and it fits! How in the world you did that is miraculous to me. It is wonderful to see #5 Beadwork. It was worth the wait.

     
  • At 12:34 PM, Blogger Laritza said…

    Very nice! Congratulations! you did a wonderful job!

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger Cathy said…

    Wonderful! What a good job!

     
  • At 4:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Gosh! Good work!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home