The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Monday, October 15, 2007

Better Now

On Friday I escaped elementary hell and taught Jr Hi Art, much better.

Then over the weekend I watched tapes of all the TV shows that I like and worked on the Lizard.

Finished the chart and worked on up the front of the sweater, 3 needle bind off on the shoulders and seamed the sides.

Picked up the stitches around the armhole and started the striped sleeves. The Denim will be used in the bottom edges and the embroidery
for the lizard. Right now it looks a little odd, but I think it will all work out.

I learned a thing or 3 doing this, knitting back backwards makes following the charts easier. It keeps the right side always in front of you, and just makes it easier. That doesn't mean I like intarsia but it does make it easier. Stoping after every green stripe and weaving in end made the job better because there were only one or two to do then instead of 50 at the end.

And this sweater should be a fast finish now that I have it complete to the sleeves.


I will put the neckband on, but leave the wrists and bottom for a little to see if I need to lengthen them.

Then I need to knit the green hoodie for the baby and all of the sweaters will be finished.

Well that is what I have been doing, except for the Chicken soup I made today.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Abby Franquemont said…

    So wait, where is this thing this weekend in SE Indiana? ;-)

     
  • At 1:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    http://www.southernindianafiberarts.com/

    Better late than never? :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home