The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

More House, and More house.....

The front dormers are coming right along. They have their roofs and it sounds very much like the rest of the old shingle roof is coming off as I type. Hopefully they can get the rest of the shingles off and the paper and metal on today (it is supposed to rain tomorrow).

The inside of my bedroom is to the sanding, re-mudding stage, so paint should be before the end of the week, hopefully. (crossing fingers, [you ever try to type that way? It ain't easy!]). So I guess it is time to start thinking about curtains my bedroom is going to be the two shades of purple, so a purple and lavender print, as cafe
curtains with shades on the top. Must go look.

Once he is through in my room, we will move Christopher's room contents into our room, and they can finish his room, Then we will move Sierra into the east room, to stay. Thereby saving one move. Then when the west room is finished Christopher's stuff can be put in there.

Still a long way to go but, once the paint is dry in our bedroom, I will be able to go back there and sleep. Looking forward to getting off the couch, even though it is a daybed and quite comfortable it is in a main traffic pattern.

I have been working on sleeves to keep from standing over the workmen and pushing...(are you done yet?...are you done yet?...how about now?)

My dusty rose CPH (Central Park Hoodie) sleeves and the Greenland sleeves for Sierra. She wants them to go down over her hands, so there will be much knitting before the sleeves get done.

I am thinking of turning CPH into a saddle shoulder, and knitting the body as one piece to
the underarms, will see as I get there.

Thinking of knitting Greenland in the round as well, since I an changing every thing else about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home