The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

It was Labor Day...

So I worked! I had planned to get all 4 sleeves finished, and I got the first 2 done early Saturday. So getting the smaller in diameter ones done in 2 days really looked doable, until the house stuff fell in on me.

The wrist of the sleeve is the eyelet row so they are at about the elbow, the belled stuff below the wrist is the cuff down over her hands to the middle knuckles.

Mike (drywall finisher and painter extraordinaire) came on Monday, but ran out of paint, so only finished painting 3 walls, but that allowed us to move all of the furniture out of Christopher's old room, soon to be Sierra's new room, Because: 1, it saves a move, (Christopher's stuff out into our room, then once that room is done, Sierra's stuff into that room to stay, then once the other bedroom is finished, Christopher's stuff into the other room. and 2, the west room is slightly bigger, and Christopher has more stuff.

Today Mike is coming to paint the last wall in our room. Then stuff can be shifted slightly, I am trying to get the spare room downstairs empty as well so that they can do that one, but it is dependent on Mike getting finished. The room looks bigger and one can move around without hitting one's head, (even people other than me).
but the floor space is the same as ever was. I need a room stretcher.

I did get the basket trunk that holds the sheets for Carl's bed cleaned out and have 3 loads of linens to wash, but I packed sachets into it so things should not start smelling so musty. And I need to rotate the linens better.

But the rest of today, other than doing some laundry, is going to be spent in my recliner, knitting sleeves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home