The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Inching Along


2 of the 3 coats of paint are on Sierra's room, burgundy with black and white curtains, and bedspread. Typical teenage cave.

The sleeves of her Greenland are finally finished, they are 6 inches longer than her arms so they cover her hands, she likes that style, except when she is dragging it through the cream cheese on her bagel, as she was this morning.

Caleb has a birthday Oct first so I dug his lizard sweater out and sewed it up and wove in the ends. Need to finish the embellishments. And put it into the mail, by Friday.

Dentist appointment tomorrow and I hope he will get this latest temporary crown to stop hurting, hopefully the permanent one has come in, and he will just put it in place, they take from a week to 10 days, and tomorrow will be a week, so not likely but hopefully.

Not doing much except watching TV and working on the lizard, because of the face hurting, not sleeping well either.

Yesterday when putting the sleeves in I was attaching sleeves with live stitches to an armhole
and worked it as Kitchener on the sleeve side and mattress stitch on the armhole side, it left an interesting look to the seam that I like, must remember this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home