The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Gaining Face

Sweater knitted, washed and drying. Head, tongue, and ears are knitted, and pinned into place. Eyes and nose will be added today, and Caleb's dog faced hoodie will be complete. I like this sweater, I think it is cute and it is not too much of a hassle to knit. I did find another typo in the pattern, but since I have not made anything out of this book yet that did not have one, I wasn't totally shocked. A real shame because the sweaters in it are so cute, and an experienced knitter will be able to work around the mistakes, but I would not be able to recommend it to a beginner.

Bob's socks are started, the yarn is Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino and is very, very soft. I am not at all worried about how this will wear since he is not going to be here long enough to wear them out, so soft it is.

I am wondering if, in addition to deaf, I am going blind, or at least I had been wondering that. I knew that I had gotten some fuchsia and teal superwash merino to spin for socks at Greencastle, but I could not find it. Looked and looked, the other day I picked up a bag of fiber and wondered what it was read the label and guess what... superwash merino, here it is right out in plain sight. The problem? I remembered that it was fuchsia and teal, so I was looking for a variegated roving, what I had gotten was a bag of fuchsia and a bag of teal. Oops!
I really miss my mind, hope it comes back soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home