The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig

I drove Mom and Bob to Virginia, no one died, (although the way Bob was acting when we left we were not sure he wouldn't) First we had to go the the oncology center in town and Bob had to get a shot, to build up his hemoglobin, and he looked even more like death warmed over on Tuesday, than usual, but I guess the shot started to take effect on Wednesday because he was better the rest of the time I was there. (BTW, Bob is dying of cancer.)

When we got to Virginia after a very good trip, I don't know where the traffic, construction, bad weather, cops, or any other holdups were but they were not on I-64 between Frankfort, KY and Va Beach Va. At least not in the space that we were, when we were.

Once we arrived at my brother Bob, and his wife Cheryl's house, we settled in and enjoyed a nice visit, and lots of good food. I worked on the Sprung Socks and finished them, I had Lori try them on but they were too narrow for her feet so they will go to Megan.

Then I cast on the Snowboarding socks that my nephew Justin (Bob's son) had asked for and finished them for him while I was still there, so no pictures. They were black and white, ribbed socks, nothing fancy but Justin was very happy.
(Imagine Dwayne's sock in black and white and you have Justin's)

Then I cast on Dwayne's Birthday (Dec 16) Socks, and started knitting the foot, I realized that I did not know when to stop and add the waste yarn for the heel, so I guesstimated and did pretty well because when I got home and checked I was right there. Because I was unsure of the length when I thought I should stop I worked some time on the Six Sox Black Diamond which will not be finished by tomorrow. I am not enjoying this so although I will finish it I am not rushing to the deadline.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home