The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Back on Sleeve Island

I am back on Sleeve Island again. I have been switching off, since Caleb's sweater is cotton (Cotton Ease actually) , and Mike's socks are tightly knit both hurt my hands after a while, so I am switching off, knit on one for a while and then knit on the other for a while.

Last winter when I was swatching for Beadwork, I had a skein of this yarn out on a table along with some others and Caleb kept going over and picking this one up and petting it, so when it came time to pick a yarn for his sweater it was an easy choice. I am almost finished the first sleeve.

I really like the way the colors are working on Mike's socks, real hunting socks orange and everything.

I have been looking at the Black diamond socks and I don't not think I am going to finish them for Amy. Instead I have an idea for a necklace and earrings set for her. We shall see.

Back to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home