The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Monday, September 28, 2009

The $600 Ceiling Fan

The blue box holds what Carl keeps calling the $600 fan. (Cost $35) You see as he explains it. If he had gone, alone, to Lowes to get the ceiling fan for the downstairs bedroom, I would not have mentioned that I wanted to change all of the fans in the house, because 1, the fan over my desk, is missing a shade because the boys were wrestling in the east bedroom up stairs and knocked it loose and it broke when it hit the floor, then the light switch broke so the lights cannot be turned on. I have tried to replace the shades several times but no where I looked, ever had 6 to match. 2, The fan in our bedroom cannot be reversed, and I would like to change the direction in the winter so it is not blowing directly on me, just circulating the heat. 3, I want the 3 fans in the living room and office to match. 2 of them match but one of them is the one with the broken shade.

I want to put a fan in the dining area and there isn't one there at present.

So we went to Lowes and finally agreed on the Grand Lodge fans which have a distressed pewter finish and nice, elegant detail without being gaudy. They had 3 in boxes, (on sale because of the season) and one on display, (half price). We also agreed on flat light fixtures for the upstairs bedrooms. Oh, yes the fan for the downstairs bedroom. Total cost with extra energy saving bulbs: Almost $600.

So he claims that If he had gone by himself, he would have come home with the one $35 fan. And I claim that we saved over $250 dollars. But maybe next time he will go alone. It is what I wanted anyway.

So the living room, my office, and the bedroom will have the new Grand Lodge fans. The downstairs bedroom will have the Weston II and we will move the fan from our bedroom to the dining room. And 3 can be free cycled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home