The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Blocking Wires

I finished the shawl! Yea! Plopped it into a dishpan full of water, which promptly turned brown, ewww dusty. Ok it is washed, and still soaking. Why? Because when I looked where I thought that the blocking wires were, they were not.

I do not know why it occurred to me, but for some reason I ask Carl if he knew where my blocking wires were.

In the words of an ancient computer game, the Mammoth stared at me blankly.

Me: "You are doing your mammoth imitation again."

Carl: Stares blankly...

Me: "Round plastic container a yard long containing a bunch of stainless steel welding tig. With a red cap on one end."

Carl: "In the trunk of my car!"

Me: "What are they doing there?"

Carl: "I don't know." resumes staring blankly.

So I must wait with whatever patience I can muster until Christopher gets home with Carl's car so that I can retrieve my blocking wires.
(I am really, really glad I ask before tearing the entire house apart, looking for them)

So if I do not get too tired teaching English tomorrow I will block the shawl tomorrow night. Or this weekend.

Since I could not block the shawl, I got out some yarn, and actually cast on a sock toe for Mike's birthday socks. I have the yarn picked our for Carl's as well, and will get those cast on tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home