The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Friday, January 04, 2008

Looking Back

In January 2007 Windy started her Yarn Diet, and Posted her rules exempting sock yarn and yarn needed to finish gifts. I decided to go along, even though I did not need anymore sock yarn but I buy sock yarn when traveling and visiting distant yarn shops. A ball (or 2 if they are 50 grams) will make a pair of socks. I make socks, I do not make many scarves, or hats, so one ball of assorted yarn would just stay in the stash forever. I don't have the where-with-all, (although I would like to) to buy a sweaters worth of yarn for me or any of the guys, at every shop I stop in. So sock yarn is my travel souvenir. So how did I do...

Pretty good!

Yarn In:

4 skeins of Encore for Marks sweater finished and given to him.
If I remember correctly 6 skeins of sock yarn. May be less but not more. That is it 10 balls of yarn have come into the stash and I have also added 800+ red Shetland and 800+ Teal Shetland Handspun plus another 800+ yellow Shetland handspun that has not been photographed yet. But these were not additions, just conversions from fiber stash to yarn stash.

Yarn Out:

One skein red and some leftover black for Chase's London Beanie
3 Balls Med Blue Encore for Baby Sweater for Neighbor's Baby
5 Balls Multi color Sunsette for Baby sweater for indianaknits list member
5 Balls blue Sunsette for Baby sweater ditto (she had twins)
2 Balls Regia Sport plus 1 Opal for socks for Mike's Birthday
2 skeins Lorna's Laces Sheepherd Socks in Childsplay for Jaywalker socks for Rayne
1 ball red Treking XXL socks for me
2 balls of Regia Bamboo Sock yarn for socks for me
1 ball of Tofutsies for socks for me
1 ball of something from OnLine with red beads for Megan
2 skeins Knitpicks Landscape socks for me
6 balls Debbie Bliss Cotton Cashmere for sweater for Rayne
1 ball Opal solid green for socks for me
2 skeins Lorna's Laces Black Watch sock for Christopher's Birthday Socks
2 balls Regia shades of green socks for Aunt Helen
2 balls Regia greens and purple for Aunt Minnie
2 Regia Sport plus 1 Milenweit fingering for socks for Bob's Birthday
3 Balls Sockotta socks for me (3 pair)
1 ball mystery yarn socks for me
1 ball Colinette Jitterbug Fuchsia for socks for me
2 Regia sport plus 1 Opal for Chase birthday socks
1 ball Opal green for Mom
2 balls On Line Cotton socks for me (2 pair)
1 Ball Sockotta pink and red stripe socks for me
1 ball Sockotta dark blues and purples socks for me
1 ball Socks that Rock Mesa socks for me
2 balls Panda Cotton socks for me
15 balls Knitpicks Merino DK tide pool Beadwork Cardigan for me
1 ball Opal Fuchsia I love Ganseys socks for me
6 balls Regia sport and 3 balls Opal fingering 3 pair boot socks for Carl
1 ball
Steinbach Wolle Aktiv Effekt for Sierra's Birthday socks
1 ball Apple Laine Apple Butter Sock Yarn Padded Footlets NOT! for me
5 skeins of Encore for Mark's Lizard Sweater
2 skeins Jawoll and 2 skeins Regia Color boot socks for Dwayne Jr.
2 skeins Socka and 1 skein Opal boot socks for Mike
3 skeins Cotton-ease plus some leftover Encore for the pocket Caleb's Dog face Sweater
3 skeins Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino Socks for Bob
2 Skeins Peruvian Highland Wool in Fuchsia Slippers for Mom
2 Skeins Peruvian Highland Wool in Fuchsia Slippers for me
8 skeins Aunt Aggie's Worsted Slippers for Carl, Chase and Christopher
1 skein Aunt Aggie's Worsted Hat for Carl

Total 109 out for a 99 ball reduction if I counted correctly, so not bad at all.

Every person in the family got hand made gifts for at least one of the Christmas or Birthday presents if not both.

I have purchased some Kauni yarn but it hasn't arrived yet.

And what did I finish?

2 Hats one each for Carl and Chase.
3 Zip down the back baby sweaters for gifts
17 pair of gift socks
18 pair of socks for me
3 gift Sweaters
1 sweater for me
4 pair slipper for gifts
1 pair slippers for me

1 Comments:

  • At 10:47 AM, Blogger Viki said…

    You are one prolific knitter my dear. You are also an inspiration!

    Viki

     

Post a Comment

<< Home