The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

And Then They Were Gone

I did not annoy the 6 people behind me in line at the Post Office by taking pictures of the 3 packages leaving my hands, that would just be too dorky for the tiny settlement where my bank and the nearest post office is, so you will have to take my word for the fact that the packages are on their way and will be delivered with several days, (DAYS I tell you, not Hours as is usual) to spare. I don't know quite how to act, should I write and tell the Yarn Harlot?

Any way I have been waffling every evening, wanting to take my day clothes off and put on the nightgown and robe and wanting to keep the wool socks on to keep my feet warm because even with the fuzzy lining the slippers I wear don't keep my feet warm. In fact chilled feet is what usually propels me into clothes in the mornings I don't get called into work. Yesterday I wore the slippers for my Mom for a while to start stretching them out a little, (they were left a slight bit too long in the washer), but drying on the sock blockers and then my wearing them stretched out the smallest to where Mom will be able to wear then and in a day or so they will stretch to comfortable. And guess what Mom is right! She keeps telling me that the slippers are really warm. I knew that they were really warm, but I hadn't realized that they are really warm! As soon as I finish the robe for Christopher, I am making me some warm slippers!

Oh and the first of Carl's Slippers is started, and knitted, and the 2nd is cast on, I finished it last night by oil lamp, because we lost power for about 2 hours, so finished that one, cast on the 2nd.

Today I need to cut out the robe, wash clothes, and finish Carl's slipper.

Have a great day.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:10 PM, Blogger Viki said…

    You are on a roll!
    I'm impressed.
    of course you always impress me.

    Viki

     

Post a Comment

<< Home