The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Are My Sons Too Big For Their Britches?

 Along with the knitting of socks, and the Kauni Damask, (almost to the shoulders) I have been trying to keep my sons in their pants.  Christopher has a bunch of old jeans that he is wearing to work at his 2nd (or is that 3rd or 4th) job.  he drives a forklift in a factory here in town during the week from 6-2:30.  The jeans have holes, I had noticed that one pair had a hole in the rear, but as he wears long johns under, and coveralls over them he was not
concerned.  Last week when I washed them the entire back of the jeans right next to the seam split.  I mentioned it and he said to throw them out, but instead I went over to the studio, and got the jeans that Carl had worn out, cut off the lower leg, and patched the split.
Yesterday I found 2 more pair that need patching, this pair were easy so I knocked them out yesterday.  I have another pair that have a large hole in the front crotch area that I will tackle
this morning, so the question is "Is Christopher too big for his britches?"

Then there is Chase, who doesn't seem to understand the concept of unbuttoning the jeans, as opposed to ripping them off, and therefore has a number of perfectly good jeans that he can't wear because without buttons he can't keep them up, he has been instructed to find all of them and I will sew on some buttons.
All of this repair work is being done as a break from the knitting on small needles, I have been trying to get the numbers worked out to cast on the February Lady sweater because that will be worked on the great big size 6
(4.0mm) needle to give my hands a break.

So are both my younger sons too big for their britches?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home