The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Monday, January 17, 2011

Socks

 It is no secret that I like to knit socks, lots of socks.  If I make the socks, they fit me.  Otherwise - not so much.

I belonged to the Six Sox yahoo group years ago and quit a few years ago.  I decided to join again. This is the Dec-Jan pattern.  Three rows of mitered squares. which are 15 -17 -21 stitch starting row long. So that as the socks go from ankle to top they get larger, like me!

 The pattern had the top row of miters as the top of the sock but I put an 80 stitch ribbed cuff of 1 3/8 inch.  (As in I knitted the first until it looked long enough, and then matched the second to the first.)  Then I picked up 64 stitches and knitted the sock down. Afterthought heels.
 I also copied (the sincerest form of flattery) the Yarn Harlot's Self-Imposed Sock Club and the first sock is here.  this is 2 repeats of the pattern.
 And the other sock has 3.  We are going to the library later and I want to take this along to work on while Sierra meets friends for a study session.
 Then there is the first guy sock of the year, for the middle grandson's birthday in Feb.  The short sock is much longer now due to a family discussion last night.  These will go to town as well, for any times that I need to talk to someone.
Guy socks are a default, toe up, (so I can uses all the yarn) 2X2 ribbed foot and leg, afterthought heel. I can knit these practically with my eyes closed, and only need to have my list of foot
sizes to tell when to put in the waste yarn for the heels.

And there you have it the first 3 socks of 2011, one finished 2 in the works.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:07 PM, Blogger bittenbyknittin said…

    Socks with mitered squares - what a great way to use up bits of leftover sock yarn!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home