The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

OK, I lied.


I promise there will be knitting next time because the socks and the Greenland sweater are almost ready to be photographed again. 

But, the big news from here is that yesterday my oldest son's best friend from high school, Frank, (who I got started on Harry Potter and who consequently owns and  runs my local independent bookstore) his wife, Kim, and mother-in-law, Tammy, and I went down to Joseph Beth Booksellers in Lexington, KY for The Gathering Storm (see last post)  book signing.

Frank had gotten wind of the fact that Harriet McDougal (Robert Jordan's wife and editor) was going to be there too.  So we hauled the huge load of books down and heard them speak, and Harriet read from the prologue of The Gathering Storm, the Death of Masema scene.

And then we waited around for our turn for signing, and pictures.  Both socks grew appreciatively so when it was my turn, I ask Brandon to hold the sock, and he was most gracious, but I noticed that people who hold the sock for pictures, (except, of course, other sock knitters) all have that same look on their faces.  Strange that.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:23 PM, Blogger Viki said…

    "Liar, Liar!!"
    Hope you had a Wonderful time.
    glad the socks grew. think you might make it on the 17th, I miss you.

     
  • At 3:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

  • At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
    Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi !.
    You re, I guess , probably very interested to know how one can make real money .
    There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

    AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
    The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

    It is based in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
    Do you want to become a happy investor?
    That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

    I`m happy and lucky, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
    and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper companion utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
    I take now up to 2G every day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
    It`s easy to join , just click this link http://nibesysyda.builtfree.org/nemymif.html
    and go! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money

     

Post a Comment

<< Home