The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Hats (and cowls) and Waltham

I have 4 family birthdays from Jan 21 to Feb 3, coming right after the Christmas rush, it is often a little frantic.  This year has been a year of Hats first:
 For my Daughter-in-law Naomi this cowl and hat combination for her 22nd birthday on January 21st.

On the 23rd we had son Christopher and Daughter-in-law Anna out to the farm for farm raised lamb, roasted potatoes, and Brussels Sprouts.  And, of course cake for desert.   Carl (Jan25th) got numerous DVD's of his favorite TV Shows and "Movies with Dead People"  (Not zombie movies, movies in which the entire cast have since died).

Anna got a gift card that she wanted and a do it yourself cashmere shawl, i.e. a bag of cashmere fiber.

On the 24th we celebrated with Chase and Naomi, and granddaughter Ameya, and Chaun and a friend of his.  (Don't know how to spell his name)  And Naomi got the Hat and Cowl shown, and Ameya distributed packages and then unwrapped them, and modeled the cowl as a skirt.

My grandson Mark lives in Virginia and so I mailed his double-knit hat in orange and brown to him, his  birthday is Feb. 3rd.

All of this hat making got me thinking, (as I do each time I make a hat) that I really should make a hat for Me.  So I sat down and knit up this blue and gray set: OK, this is a start, and it's pretty neutral but I have all those sweaters that I use for coats, and I have left over yarn from almost all of them Why don't I make hats to match?   Off to the studio and after some rummaging around I located the leftovers from several sweaters.
 Here is the Waltham Cardigan and the Hat I just made to match it.  There is not enough yarn for mittens which is probably just as well, as I can imagine what white mittens would look like very soon.
The next hat is to match the Primary Colors Cardigan, and is on the needles.  Stay tuned to see how this turns out.
 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home