The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Monday, July 28, 2014

Tour de Fleece ends for another year.

Spun 15 minutes per day per machine, 4 machines, so 1 hour minimum spinning per day.  Check.

Finish gray Romney fleece this was the first fleece I bought and it was huge, I have been spinning on it off and on, given it away to beginning spinners, used it with the Jacob last year for a sweater for Christopher. And now at last it is all spun. Check.

Started spinning the Dragon's Blood (wool/alpaca/nylon) that is the 1 1/4 dark red in the pictures.  Check

Continue the White Romney and get it down to really fine singles, with the new flyer. Check.  Still lots to go, but it is spinning nicely now. 

I did not get the Princess Blue Merino Silk started because I found another 8 oz of Garnet and the goal was finish the Garnet and start the Princess blue, and I did finish the 8oz of Garnet I was spinning before the tour, but  I found the other Garnet so started that instead.  

Start the green and yellow cotton from the dyeing exchange.  Check.  And by the end got the cotton spinning mojo back.

While the tour was happening, I have also been working on Surry Hill, 2nd sleeve and 11 inches of the body, so probably I will finish this repeat and join it into one piece for the bodice and done.  Must look for buttons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home