The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Sunday, July 06, 2014

Tour de Fleece day 1

 A small amount of yellow/green cotton, I spent most of the half hour mandatory spinning time taking the large wheel off and cleaning the fiber out and then oiling the bushing.  Works much better now.  I should get back into the grove of spinning the cotton soon. Spinning, as you can see on the Bosworth Charkha.
 Garnet Merino/silk  I had hoped to finish this before the start of TdeF but it is one of those fibers that keep going and going, In the last 3 days I have filled 3 bobbins, (granted they are small bobbins but it is lace-weight) and still have half a bag of fiber. Spinning on the Lendrum lace flyer.
 The last of the fuchsia  that I have pre-drafted or carded.  I will now work on finishing the gray Romney and then maybe do some more Shetland.  Spinning on the Schacht, very,very fast whorl and woolee winder.
1/2 bobbin on the Merlin Tree CPW using the first whorl made by Sistermaide, we are visiting her next Saturday, to pick up the flyers, bobbins, and the new whorl. So the fiber catching to the cup hooks will be done with.  And hopefully the ratios will get closer to the 40's.  This is the only one that I spun exactly 1/2 hour so 1/2 hour= 1/2 bobbin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home