The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The time for finishing

 First thing finished this week was the sweater for  great-granddaughter Aubri's birthday on the 20th, she is 1.  The sweater is the February Sweater from knitters almanac.  Made with Willow yarn Burrow.  the buttons match better than this looks.  the knitting has been finished about 2 weeks but the buttons were just sewn on yesterday.
















 Another case of the knitting being finished a while now.  I first thought I would sew in a zipper but could not find a zipper the right color.  Then I changed my mind and decided on the dragon clasps.
I am much happier with this.




Front


Here is the front with it's clasps all attached.  This is a heavy warm sweater and I plan on enjoying it this winter and for many winters to come.










The sleeves I am particularly happy with. The intarsia in the round to do the white stripe was something I had not done before although I had read of the technique.  Do not think that I will be doing a lot of it, (it is extremely tedious, my knitting buddies eyes glazed over somewhat when I was describing it) but I am happy to have used it here.
 The body of the Drazi (green and purple - from Babylon 5) blocking.  I have spun up a sample of the pencil roving that this was knitted out of to try it for sewing up.  If that does not work I will use some natural sock yarn that I have left over from water for elephants.
The sleeves blocking  That is both sleeves one on top of the other, so at least they are the same size.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home