What I have been doing
|First half merino/angora|
|2nd half started|
Since the stove was out on the porch anyway, Carl wire brushed, and used a chemical rust remover, and washed it down with mineral spirits, Then I went out and blacked the thing.
Four coats of stove black and it looks like new, So as soon as there is another man to help move it, it will be back where it belongs and ready for cold weather.
On the fabric front I have been spinning laceweight merino/angora, this is the first 2.75 ozs. on one of my new storage bobbins. from here, they have shafts that go into my pink electric screwdriver (isn't it pretty) it is also lightweight and comfortable for me to hold for 40 minutes while I wound that bobbin. The screwdriver rotates slowly enough that I get to see and check every inch of the single.
The 2nd half is carded and I have started spinning it, hopefully finished by Friday, to ply and start a mystery shawl knit-a-long on Saturday.