The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pink!

No not one of those sweatshirts that say pink but are blue or grey or some other color, that makes me feel sorry for the poor child wearing it because they never learned the names of colors properly. (Yes, I know it's a singer.)
Pink puffs

more pink thread
I started this stuff a while ago, even blogged about it, good thing because I could not remember what I used to prepare the fiber,  (cotton cards) so I am taking the cards and the rest of the fiber with me this weekend, and with any luck I will come back home with all the fiber turned to puffs.   Then I can spin it up.  It was only 5.5 ozs total and I have 1/5 and part of the next 1/5 spun.  

Isn't it pretty, merino and angora so soft too.
Chase's Birthday Socks

Twisted stitch swatch

















Then there are these which are also going. Socks  for Chase's birthday.  He is partial to ankle socks, and since he wears a size 11 shoe I am quite pleased about that.











The last thing for this morning is the swatch for the twisted stitch sweater.  Frangipani 5-ply in the Natural color.  there are post-it notes in some of the books and I will pick whatever will fit and start swatching some patterns if time permits this weekend.

What is done so far is double moss in reducing needle sizes, working now with a 00. 
That's all for now.
Frangipani 5 ply Natural

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home