The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Monday, August 19, 2013

swatches and dishclothes

Falling Leaves

Jacob Romney Aran swatch
Jacob Romney Gansey swatch
 I have been trying to get over dental surgery, again. Either my mouth hurts or I am feeling draggy from the drugs that help it not hurt so much.  So not working on anything that requires rubbing 2 brain cells together. 

So I knit a dishcloth. 

And 2 swatches.  First I knit the gansey swatch and realized that any kind of pattern was going to disappear into the color variation.  So I over plied the 2-ply and cabled the yarn, and knitted a simple rope cable, which doesn't show much better. 

More thinking will be required.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home