The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Monday, September 30, 2013

Roberta all better

Broken flyer
 So, back during tour-de-fleece the flyer of my Roberta broke.  One of the arms just went flying across the room, (very glad it didn't hit me).  So the Jacob/Romney blend that I was working on went into hold.  All of the Jacob (2 pounds) was spun, and since that was my original goal, I counted the tour as a win.

A new flyer, the Roberta now has a jumbo flyer as standard and both regular size and jumbo bobbins come with it.  I had only the regular bobbins so I needed at least 1 jumbo bobbin.  The whole thing cost over 200 dollars so I had to save up.

Ordered the flyer and bobbin at the beginning of September, and the Woolery had to order the flyer so the whole order was forwarded to Ertoel, in Australia.
And it came last Tuesday.

Jumbo flyer

And here it is the new flyer installed on the wheel.  The bobbin is not there because I had just finished the first plying of over 600 yards, and it was on the lazy kate waiting to be wound off onto the skein winder. It works really well, and I am happy with it.
 See over 600 yards of Jacob/Romney.  Now off to the washer for a bath, then reskeining and the final measurements to call this part of the project done.  And on to designing and knitting sweaters.
Jumbo bobbin


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home