The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Wednesday, November 06, 2013

And it is fall.

Merlin Tree CPW
I love fall, it is finally cool, weather in the 50's is just right according to Christopher and me (85-90 is just right according to Chase and Chaun).  I have not polled the rest of the family. And as the weather cools my energy goes up.













To celebrate I made a sweater for the Great-Greandaugther in a very cheerful pumpkin, (the yarn company calls it peach, but they have their fruits and vegetables confused.
Aubri Sweater










I finished a shawl except for the blocking.













And I am working on the sleeves, (oh no! sleeve island again) of the Drazi sweater - made out of a long color run self striping pencil roving. Again, un-blocked,  Once I have finished knitting the sleeves I am going to spin up 10 yards or so and ply to use for sewing the sleeves in. 







Also spinning:
finished the plying of the Jacob/Romney and have over 3000 yards of 2-ply, heavy fingering/light sport weight yarn, and the measurements, so am swatching for matching sweaters for Christopher and Anna. 



I have started spinning this Rambouillet fleece,  This is going to be a 3 ply worsted.  Spinning fat, fast and fluffy, so it goes fast.



Oh, yes that wheel up there in the Fall picture... Merlin Tree Canadian Production Wheel.  It is in CT at the moment, but it will be here by Thanksgiving.  A wonderful Thanksgiving gift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home