The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Friday, December 18, 2009

"Five Points...

For Sheer Dumb Luck" Professor McGonagall, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, the movie.


I have some Merino Oro in Turquoise, there is 1375 yards here.  I wanted to use this color for a shawl but the pattern needs at least 1500 (the announced yardage requirements are 1700)

I thought I had turquoise in the coned Zephyr but when I looked I have pink and fuchsia. (I wonder how that happened?)  But in the meantime I had gone to Earth Faire and ordered enough beads to make the shawl.

So not enough yarn and a whold bunch of beads.

Then I got an e-mail from Richard at Colour Mart.  And he had some light Turquoise Cashmere lace-weight. So I got me a cone of that.

And wonder of wonders the beads and the Cashmere actually match.

So I get 5 points for sheer dumb luck!  Yay Me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home