The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Sunday, July 04, 2010

Day 2 of Tour

Green cotton/wool blend spun on the Charkha.  Eileen Hallman says that one can fill a Charkha spindle in 10 minutes, and while that may be true for her, it is not yet true for me.  But I am getting better at not letting it drift apart before I get enough twist to hold it together.

The last of the dark green Suffolk, spun and 2-plied.  Still have to skein and measure.

And last but not least I have 75 grams of Suffolk, the roving has a fair amount of vegetable matter but it picks out pretty easily, it is spinning up really fine, and I am planning to 3 ply 2 strands of Suffolk and 1 ply of commercial silk thread. ( I was given a box of the stuff so I may as well use some of it.)  The silk should add both strength and shine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home