The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Can I do it?



Am I crazy to try?  Anyway since I do not have enough lace on the needles, (I still have needles,empty, don't I) and since I have had this kit for a while, (or a long time depending on how old you are) and it is worked with the enormous needle size of US 5, which will get me a break from the US 0 and 1's that I am using now.  And because I want to, so there, (insert picture of me sticking out tongue).

So at 7:30 tomorrow night I will cast on 8 stitches using Enily Ocker's cast on, on 4 size 5 DPN's and see where I can go from there.  I had thought about trying the stranded sweater but I want to swatch 2 more patterns and then I have to do the math.  There is not enough time, so I will keep working on the swatch as a break from the Dawn. Ice queen and Sheer Dumb Luck, (Renee, the designer, calls it Ice Goddess) will take a back seat for a while, but what else is new.

Speaking of Stranded knitting: here is the latest picture of what I have finished.  It is very pretty.  I need to finish the repeat, and then I want to swatch 2 other patterns, slow going but it is getting attention from all of the family, and they usually don't pay much attention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home