The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Yesterday I went to the dentist, worked a little on the FLAK Fronts then came home and slept for 12 hours. Up ant 4:30 this morning, worked some more on the fronts while waiting to see if I would get a call to sub, didn't so I get to spend time here, isn't that wonderful (gag).
Any way here are the fronts:

Do you remember the sheep sweater? Well the sheep got their fences so they can't wander off, just the sewing up left. Off to do something, even of it's wrong.

Busy since last week because I Subbed Friday (Jr Hi Industrial Arts) and while they watched 2 episodes of Popular Mechanics for Kids, I finished the back of my Flak. Then over the weekend I started the fronts I need to take some measurements to tell when to quit increasing. And the sleeve pattern is out, but C's FLAK is going to be a vest since he doesn't wear sweaters. So I will have a chance to catch up. As if I did not have enough going I picked up the Mystery shawl last monday, because my hands were hurting and I did not feel like doing cables got 4 rows done then and have since gotten 10 more done and am toying with the idea of doing the border twice to give the thing some more size, (I hate small shawls) before I do the edging. If I have enough yarn I will probably go back to the mystery shawl 1 and put on a border and edging, because it's too small for my liking. I will eventually run out of this cone of yarn, but I don't know when. It is like the energizer bunny, just keeps going and going. Typical lace looks like an old dishrag until it's blocked.

I have corrected the chart for the back of the CIT again, maybe the last time...hope...hope!

Monday, February 13, 2006

There are sheep here! I think I will duplicate stitch the faces to make them show up better because the *fleece* is obscuring everything else I think the sheep need shearing. the fleece is Plymouth Heaven purled on the front and knit of the wrong side to put as much of the fuzzy on the front, I am pretty happy with how it turned out, looks like sheep. After this picture was taken I got the back completed and once C gets up,( or before that if I get tired of waiting, )I will go up and finish the front.
This is going to be a cute sweater for Miss Rayne. Then I need to do the giraffe for Mark.

I tried to get some better pictures of the FLAK. Did not work too well this yarn just does not photograph well. These are the XO cables but I am not sure you can see them.

Well I am going up to finish the sheep sweater and then I have to get dressed and go to the dentist, ugh!

Saturday, February 11, 2006

So the plan was to finish the fronts of C's FLAK by the time they lit the Olympic cauldron but that last 1/2 inch just would not cooperate, I was tired so I put it aside and finished it this morning.

This was taken after I slipped the right side onto the needle that the back is on. Should have taken the picture first but I didn't.

I did get a picture before I added the left side.
The charcoal tweed doesn't show well in the photographs but shows just fine in real life. I changed the fronts and added 2 XO cables on each side, and a rope down the front, and it will have a 2 St cable next to the ribbings just because there are 4 sts there.
Now I need to take a break and finish the sheep sweater for Miss Rayne, so off to the upstairs workroom, with the Ipod and The Kalihari Typing School for Men.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Finished the back of C's FLAK did my usual: knit, measure, too short, knit measure, too short, etc , knit measure, whoa! How did that happen too long. Once I ripped out the excess I ended after the middle row of the Saxon braid, the only one I was worried about knowing where I was so am good to go for the front.

My FLAK not a stitch.

CIT - not a stitch and Pat has passed me, not surprising since that is all she is working on and I am all over the place.

Had a headache Saturday so sat an strung beads, and started the new six Sox- Glad Rags. They are Fortissima Colori with red seed beads, 400 of them. Started the top on 56 stitches then went to 72 and ended with 80 for the ribbing and 81 for the lace pattern, I expect that I will have to decrease for the foot, but I intend to use my default 2x2 rib for the foot which will give it some elasticity.

Waiting for the bus to come for Sierra and to see if I get called to work, before I plan what I am doing today.